What to Bring on a Dude Ranch Vacation
The 4UR Ranch is located at nearly 9,000 feet in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Weather and activities dictate that you dress properly for conditions, which can change rapidly.
The following basic packing list of what to bring on a dude ranch vacation should suffice for an enjoyable visit to 4UR:
- Sweatshirt/sweater/jacket/rain jacket
- T-shirts, shorts, jeans, swimwear
- Dinner attire – dressy casual
- Cap/hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Hiking boots, if you plan to hike
- Western boots, if you plan to ride (we have a limited supply of loaners)
- Fishing gear – hip waders, rod and vest. We do have a limited supply of waders and a large selection of fishing supplies, including a selection of top-quality flies that are proven performers on our waters. Colorado fishing licenses are available through the ranch office.
The ranch has a small store stocked with all kinds of fun souvenir items, including T-shirts, sweatshirts, fleece, caps, men’s and women’s clothing, mugs and water bottles, jewelry and scrapbooks. We also stock “just in case” items, such as toothbrushes, sunscreen and toiletries.