What to Expect:
Most meals at the 4UR take place in the Lodge dining room at liberally scheduled times. While some ranch resorts serve meals family style, we prefer to reserve a table for you and your family for the entire week of your stay. Enjoy your time on the stream, or a soak in the hot springs, and your table will be waiting for you in the dining room during meal time hours.
A typical day will offer:
- 6:30am Coffee delivered to your porch
- 7:30am Continental Cold Breakfast Buffet in the Lodge
- 8:00-9:00am Hot breakfast service ordered from the menu (Breakfast ends at 9am when it’s time for kids to meet their counselors, anglers their guides, or riders to head to the barn.)
- 12:30-2pm Lunch is served and includes a generous salad bar and prepared items ordered from the menu.
- 6:00pm the bartender arrives and appetizers are served in the bar.
- 6:30-8pm dinner is served in the dining room with a core menu and two dinner specials nightly.
- All Day – Our bottomless cookie jar in the Lodge and at the Pool.
Sample Dinner Menu Our menu offers a new definition in ranch dining! For Kid’s selections, please view Kid’s Options.
- Apple and Arugula Salad with spiced walnuts, blue cheese, apple cider vinaigrette.
- Sweet Corn Soup with cilantro, feta, pickled corn.
- 4UR Salad with local greens ,candied pecans, tomatoes, cucumbers, blue cheese, honey-balsamic.
- Rare Seared Ahi Tuna with bok choy, pickled vegetables, chile, miso-ginger vinaigrette.
- Pan Seared Duck Breast with foie gras dirty rice, sautéed greens, cherry mostarda.
- Espresso Rubbed Tenderloin of Beef with buttermilk potato puree, roasted broccolini, espresso demi.
- Roasted Chicken with farro, castelvetrano olives, capers, zucchini, pan jus.
- Fettuccine Pasta with swiss chard, bacon, mushrooms.
- Chocolate with chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, chili-chocolate gelato.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with date cake, toffee sauce, vanilla gelato.
- Cheese Plate with local cheese, baguette, cherry chutney.
- Daily Selection of House-made Sorbets and Ice Cream.
We also offer an excellent wine list to complement your meal.
Picnics, Chuckwagons and Cookouts!
In true Rocky Mountain style, not all eating is done in the dining room and there are several opportunities to dine “al fresco” Colorado-style. Each week we host a Chuckwagon Breakfast along Pierce Creek, a Mexican luncheon poolside, and an evening steak cookout overlooking the entire valley to the Palisade cliffs above the Rio Grande.
Some anglers prefer to have us prepare a box lunch so they can stay out on the stream all day. And some guests who attend a play at the nationally award winning Creede Repertory Theatre will ask for a dinner picnic basket to take to town for an evening.
But, the picnic most loved by returning guests? Our century old tradition of the Friday fish-fry, with trout fillets cooked streamside in a sizzling skillet, and an oh-so-cold beer.
A Word from Our Chef:
My first true appreciation for food came from fishing with my grandfather on Lake Conroe in Texas. We would clean and fry catfish which we caught moments before and my grandmother would serve tomatoes fresh from her garden. Sitting down as a family and enjoying these meals are some of my fondest memories.
I have been extremely fortunate in my career to work for some incredible chefs who have molded my cuisine where it is today. I have worked in Vail, Houston, Las Vegas, and San Francisco. Each stop along the way has given me an appreciation for different regional cuisine. I found my home at 4UR Ranch years ago beginning as Sous Chef and now as Executive Chef. As our food at the ranch continues to evolve, I rely on the lessons my mentors have taught me to give our guests the best experience possible.
We believe that using local products and ingredients not only gives us the freshest products to create with, but is also part of our responsibility to the community. Whether it’s fresh trout from Frontier Farms in Sagauche, tomatoes from Three Guys Farm in Monte Vista, or honey from Haefeli’s Honey Farm in Del Norte, we know that we are using amazing products and creating great relationships.
Our garden here at the ranch will also continue to evolve. It helps our cooks to appreciate the time and effort it takes to put great ingredients in front of our guests. We also enjoy the challenges of growing produce at 8,500 feet.
As the Executive Chef at the 4UR, I look forward to welcoming our guests and sharing my passion for cooking, friendship, and memories created around the enjoyment of great food.
* If you or any member of your family have special dietary needs or requirements, such as gluten-free or sugar-free foods, please let us know before you arrive and we’ll do our best to have the right foods on hand.